2020 Honda Civic Safety Rating
The Honda Civic has built a reputation on its safety and reliability, and the 2020 Honda Civic continues to exceed those high expectations. Check out the Honda Civic safety ratings and features below, and then if you’re interested in a new Civic, explore our new Civic inventory at Middletown Honda!
Honda Civic Safety Ratings: NHTSA Ratings
The 2020 Honda Civic 4 Door FWD* was provided with an overall 5-star rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). See how each category is rated below:
- Overall: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 4 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 5 Stars
Honda CivicSafety Ratings: IIHS Ratings
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS**) ranks vehicles in categories like Crashworthiness and Crash Avoidance Mitigation. “Good” is the highest rating in every category – except for the “Superior” rating for Front Crash Prevention. The 2020 Honda Civic FWD** rankings are as follows:
- Front Crash Prevention: Superior with optional equipment
- Roof Strength: Good
- Head Restraints and Seats: Good
- Headlights: Poor
- Small Overlap Front Driver Side: Good
- Small Overlap Front Passenger Side: Good
- Moderate Overlap Front: Good
- Side: Good
Honda Civic Safety Technology
The Honda Civic safety features extend from their physical body structure to exclusive Honda technology. If you want a worry-free ride from Warwick to Chester, take advantage of the standard Honda Civic safety and driver-assist features like:
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Advanced Front Airbags (i-SRS)
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Brake Assist and Hill Start Assist
If you want to choose a higher Civic trim, you can also enjoy a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera that has Dynamic Guidelines, as well as the Honda LaneWatch™ feature.
Honda Sensing® Technology
The Honda Sensing® suite is standard on all Honda Civic trim levels and provides a boost in confidence on the Monroe roads with features like:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
Experience the Honda Civic Safety at Middletown Honda
If you want the comfort of being behind the wheel of a new Honda Civic, don’t miss the Honda Civic lease specials available at our dealership today! After you find a model you love, contact us to learn more about financing your new Civic.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.
**For more information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, visit https://www.iihs.org.