2015 Honda Civic vs. 2015 Hyundai Elantra
When Middletown and Mechanicstown, NY drivers compare the 2015 Honda Civic with the 2015 Hyundai Elantra, they want to know which vehicle offers the safer and more comfortable ride, as well as the superior efficiency ratings. We’ve taken the time to compare each vehicle, so you don’t have to.
Trim levels and Price
Honda has always been a manufacturer that values customer choice, so there are five separate 2015 Honda Civic models that Middletown, NY drivers can choose from:
- LX: Starting at $18,490,* you’ll enjoy a suite of convenience technology, including Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and an SMS messaging function.
- SE: Starting at $19,990,* the SE adds comfort with automatic climate control and safety with a Honda LaneWatch system.
- EX: The EX prioritizes luxury, with the inclusion of a one-touch power moonroof with tilt feature, and lets you start the engine with the push of a button, for a starting price of $21,190.*
- EX-L: The ultimate Honda Civic is available for just $22,840,* and comes with leather-trimmed seats that are fully heated in the front.
- EX-L with Honda Navigational system with Voice Recognition: For a starting price of $24,340,* the luxurious EX-L can be fitted with a high-end satellite-linked navigational system.
In contrast, only three models of the 2015 Hyundai Elantra are available to Mechanicstown drivers:
- SE: For a minimum price of $17,250, this entry level model provides an extremely basic level of comfort and convenience, with air conditioning supplied as standard.
- Sport: Starting at $21,600, the Sport employs automatic LED headlights and adds some features that are normally standard across all trims of other vehicle, such as Bluetooth.
- Limited: For a minimum of $21,700, the best available Elantra allows drivers to use a Blue Link telematics system.
Powertrains and MPG
The 2015 Honda Civic comes with just one engine, but can be fitted with a Continuously Variable Transmission to provide enhanced refinement of the vehicle’s power. You’ll be able to achieve 30 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway** in a 2015 Civic LX with CVT – both higher figures than you’ll attain in the Elantra.
Ask yourself how frequently you sit in your sedan and wish for more horsepower or torque. Now ask yourself how often you wish you didn’t have to spend so much time topping up your gas tank. Those who spend more time thinking about the latter should pick up a 2015 Honda Civic.
Each of those features is supplied across all trim levels when you drive home in a 2015 Civic, in addition to several pieces of technology fitted to enhance the Civic’s already impressive efficiency ratings. These include:
- Honda Eco Assist: This helpful amenity provides minute-by-minute monitoring of your power usage, helping you save fuel.
- ECON Mode: Giving you the power to choose between acceleration and fuel economy, pressing this button automatically configures the engine to perform more efficiently.
Simply put, the 2015 Honda Civic gives you the technology you’ve come to expect from this class of vehicle, and then goes further.
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Brake Assist
- Vehicle Stability Management
However, just as the Civic improves upon basic comfort and convenience, it also moves beyond standard safety, with several pieces of fully-integrated technology that are not offered in all Elantra trim levels, including:
- Rearview Camera: Allows you to reverse without risking a collision and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Engine Immobilizer: Stops the vehicle from functioning when a non-standard key is used in an attempt to start the engine, protecting your Civic from theft.
Drive the 2015 Honda Civic in Middletown, NY
The 2015 Honda Civic is a truly superior vehicle, and it’s available now at Middletown Honda in NY. We’re just a short drive from Mechanicstown, and we hope to see you soon!
* MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $820.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.
** 30 city/39 highway/33 combined mpg rating for CVT models. Based on 2015 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.