2015 Honda Odyssey vs. 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
Minivans are becoming an essential part of family life for Middletown and Mechanicstown, NY drivers, so those comparing the 2015 Honda Odyssey with the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan need to take numerous criteria into account. We’ve taken a look at both vehicles to see which one will suit your needs.
Trim Levels and Price
- LX: Starting at $28,975,* the entry-level LX is fitted with premium features such as an i-MID system with eight-inch high-resolution display, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, and even a text-message function.
- EX: Starting at $32,275,* the EX keeps you comfortable with tri-zone automatic climate control, while Honda LaneWatch keeps you safe.
- EX-L: Starting at $35,775,* this model comes with added peace of mind, offering advanced Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning systems. Available with a Honda DVD rear entertainment system for $37,375* or a Honda satellite-linked navigation system for $37,775.*
- Touring: For $42,030,* the Touring includes a ten-way power adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support and sits on 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Touring Elite: Starting at $44,600,* the Touring Elite receives a generous suite of features, including a 650-W premium audio system and a rear DVD entertainment system.
- American Value Package: For a minimum of $21,395, you’ll receive a basic model lacking typical standard technology.
- SE: Starting at $24,195, the SE includes front and rear air conditioning.
- SE Plus: Starting at $24,995, the SE Plus comes with a one-year subscription to SiriusXM.
- SXT: Starting at $27,295, this model provides a bit more comfort, with cloth-faced bucket seats.
- SXT Plus: For $28,095, the SXT is the first model that comes with the Uconnect Handsfree Package, which includes Bluetooth streaming audio.
- R/T: Starting at $29,995, the Grand Caravan’s top-of-the-line model comes with an electronic vehicle information center and three-zone automatic climate control.
Powertrains and MPG
- Honda Power and Efficiency: The Odyssey’s 3.5L i-VTEC V6 provides a capable 248 hp while using a six-speed automatic transmission and Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) to see drivers attain 19 mpg in the city and 28 on the highway.**
- Dodge Power and Efficiency: The Grand Caravan provides slightly more power, but falls behind in terms of fuel economy. Using a 3.6L V6 and six-speed automatic transmission, drivers will only get 17 mpg in the city and 25 on the highway.
Interior Space and Versatility
This space is complemented by a high standard of technology. Included in all 2015 Odyssey trims, you’ll find heated rear seats, air conditioning, and a power driver’s seat with adjustable height.
With these features, as well as the strong construction of the body itself, it’s no wonder that the 2015 Honda Odyssey was given a five-star safety rating by the NHTSA.
Drive the 2015 Honda Odyssey in Middletown, NY
Mechanicstown drivers will find that the 2015 Honda Odyssey offers far more than competitors like the 2015 Dodge Caravan, and it’s available now from Middletown Honda in NY.
* MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $880.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.
** 19 city/28 highway/22 combined mpg rating. Based on 2015 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.