2016 Honda CR-V vs. 2016 Honda Pilot
2016 Honda CR-V
2016 Honda Pilot
Honda boasts one of the finest vehicle lineups in the country, with a range of vehicles covering everything that Goshen and Monroe drivers could ask for. Adventurous drivers often end up trying to decide between the 2016 Honda CR-V crossover and the 2016 Honda Pilot SUV. To help you decide which option is right for you, just read through this quick and easy comparison.
Both the CR-V and the Pilot are available in five trim levels, with CR-V models featuring:
- LX: The standard CR-V includes a Bluetooth HandsFreeLink system with streaming audio, a multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines, an SMS feature, and an easy fold-down 60/40-split rear seat.
- SE: An all-new trim for 2016, the SE provides a security system, rear tinted privacy glass, and 17-inch alloy wheels.
- EX: The EX adds a one-touch power moonroof tilt feature, a 7-inch display audio touchscreen, heated front seats, and a push button start system with smart entry.
- EX-L: The EX-L is one of the most comfortable crossovers around. You’ll enjoy leather-trimmed seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and dual-zone climate control.
- Touring: The Touring trim includes a range of Honda Sensing driver-assistance technologies, such as adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning. It also fits a power tailgate and a Honda satellite-linked navigation system as standard.
The 2016 Honda Pilot comes in the following trim levels:
- LX: The Pilot LX includes cruise control, air conditioning, a multi-angle rearview camera, a 4.2-inch multi-informational display, and push-button start.
- EX: The EX enhances comfort and convenience with a 10-way power driver’s seat, an 8-inch touchscreen, and SiriusXM satellite radio.
- EX-L: The Pilot EX-L includes a power liftgate and one-touch second-row seats, making the cabin easy to customize and making loading and unloading simple.
- Touring: The Touring model comes with a Honda satellite-linked navigation system. The Pilot Touring also includes a rear entertainment system and upgraded audio system.
- Elite: Your top-of-the-line Pilot offers a leather-trimmed interior, heated and ventilated front seats, and an all-new panoramic moonroof.
Powertrains and MPG
However, that comes at the cost of efficiency, with the Pilot offering 19 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway* with 2WD and a 6-speed automatic transmission, or 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway with a 9-speed automatic transmission and 2WD. AWD is also available.
- Passenger Capacity: The CR-V can carry up to 5, while the Pilot can carry up to 8.
- Cargo Space: The CR-V offers up to 70.9 cubic feet. That’s a competitive amount for a crossover, but the Pilot still provides more, with up to 83.9 cubic feet once all seats are folded.
Comfort and Convenience Features
Honda vehicles always offer plenty of standard and available technology, so Goshen and Monroe drivers will enjoy available features such as a multi-angle rearview camera, speed-sensitive volume control, dual-zone climate control, and satellite-linked navigation with both the 2016 CR-V and the 2016 Pilot.However, the Pilot provides several additional technologies, including:
- Rear Entertainment System: Plays DVD or Blu-ray discs from a crystal-clear 9-inch screen.
- Premium Sound System: This 540 watt audio system includes 10 speakers and a subwoofer.
- 8-Inch Display Audio Touchscreen: An inch larger than the CR-V’s available touchscreen, allowing for easier use while driving.
Drive the 2016 CR-V and 2016 Pilot at Middletown Honda
The 2016 CR-V is an ideal crossover for handling both your daily commute and backcountry adventures, though the powerful and spacious Pilot is a must if you’re looking for more space, power, and technology options. To learn more, just contact one of the team at Middletown Honda today. We can’t wait to show of both of these amazing vehicles to our Goshen and Monroe customers!
* Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.