Helpful Tips In Case There Is An Emergency
At Middletown Honda we’re proud to serve as your trusted Middletown, NY Honda dealership for your next vehicle purchase. You can expect only the highest quality customer service as we assist you with all of your automotive needs, from picking out your next new car to standard service and maintenance many miles down the road. We’ll work with you to help you find the right car for your needs and provide important safety information about your potential new vehicle. Call today to speak with a sales associate for more information.
Important Safety Items to Keep in Your Vehicle
There are a number of items you should have in your vehicle to help keep you safe while you’re on the road and make sure you’re covered in the event of an emergency. No matter what type of vehicle you have or whether it’s brand new or used, accidents can happen, and it’s important to make sure you have tools like a basic roadside emergency kit to keep you safe, reduce your stress, and get you back on the road.
Some items to always have available in your car include:
- Cell phone – Most of us carry cell phones on us when we leave the house, but make sure your phone’s battery is fully charged in case you’re left stranded somewhere. Car chargers are affordable, easy to store in your glovebox, and will come in handy in emergencies.
- First-aid kit – A first-aid kit will help you treat any small cuts or burns that were sustained during an accident. Many stores carry small, versatile kits that will fit perfectly in your vehicle. You can even create your own first aid kit to store in your vehicle with simple items like gauze, bandages, antiseptic cream, burn cream, and aspirin.
- Warning light or hazard triangle – A hazard triangle and warning lights will let other drivers know that your vehicle broke down. It will also help avoid any additional accidents that could occur if it’s too dark for other vehicles to see you.
- Disposable camera – It’s always recommended to have a disposable camera to take photographs after an accident. These can be important to have on hand when filing a claim with your insurance provider.
- Pen and paper – You want to make sure to document any damage and significant information about the accident. If another vehicle is involved, you can use a pen and paper to write down their insurance information.
Visit Middletown Honda for More Information
There are many ways to effectively prepare for an accident, and being ready in the event that one occurs can help keep you safe and calm while waiting for help to arrive. At Middletown Honda, we want to do everything we can to keep our customers safe on the road, and that’s not just limited to useful tips like those found above — we also have a top-notch service and maintenance center staffed with expertly trained technicians. Keeping your vehicle properly maintained throughout the year is one of the best ways to avoid problems down the road, so stop in and see us for a check-up today. Visit us on the web for contact information or to find our dealership hours and directions.