What to Look for in a Great Winter Vehicle
When it comes to winter driving there’s something to be said for skill, preparation, and luck. There’s also something to be said for driving the right vehicle! Here at Middletown Honda, your local Mechanicstown area Honda dealership, we thought we’d put together a few tips on what to look for in a winter ready vehicle:
- Heating and Defrost Systems: this might be a no-brainer for most cars, but especially if you’re shopping for a used vehicle, make sure the heater and defrost works well! You’ll appreciate it when the days get short and temperatures plunge. Many Honda vehicles can even come with heated exterior mirrors that will make your life much easier.
- Heated Seats: most Honda vehicles can be equipped with heated seats at some trim level. While this might not exactly be essential, once you’ve driven a car with heated seats through the winter, you probably won’t be able to live without.
- Traction Control Systems: all Honda vehicles, including the Honda Pilot and the Honda CR-V, come with traction control systems. These help maintain control during difficult cornering and traction situations by applying brake pressure on individual wheels to help regain control.
- Antilock Brake Systems: all Honda vehicles also feature antilock brakes. Antilock brakes help reduce the chances of sliding or slipping around on slick or icy roadways, helping you stay safer.
- All-wheel Drive: both the Pilot and the 2014 Honda CR-V can be equipped with all-wheel drive. All-wheel drive can help keep you moving safely on slippery roads during the snowy winter. The modern AWD systems in these cars actively monitor traction and can adjust power or braking based on conditions.
Visit Middletown Honda for a Test Drive
Visit Middletown Honda to drive the 2014 Honda Pilot or the CR-V or any other car or SUV in the Honda lineup. Remember, winter is almost here, so it’s time to get ready for the worst! We’re located at 820 Route 211 E in Middletown, NY