Which is Best: FWD, RWD, or AWD?
Your car’s wheel drive makes a difference. In this blog post, we’ll break down the pros and cons of driving with FWD, RWD and AWD according to Jalopnik.
FWD (Front Wheel Drive)
- Pros: Efficient with cost, mass, space and fuel. Good traction. Improved safety.
- Cons: Tires wear faster. Below average handling.
RWD (Rear Wheel Drive)
- Pros: Superior handling. Good traction.
- Cons: More expensive. Prone to oversteering.
AWD (All Wheel Drive)
- Pros: All around good traction.
- Cons: Added cost and weight. Lower fuel efficiency.
If you’re looking for a great car with a wheel drive to fit your driving style, check out our New Inventory to see what’s available. You can also give us a call at (845) 343-0055 to speak with one of our amazing sales consultants.