2015 Honda Crosstour vs. 2015 Nissan Murano
When Middletown and Mechanicstown, NY drivers compare the 2015 Honda Crosstour with the 2015 Nissan Murano, they’re constantly surprised by how much more the Honda manages to offer. Greater power, higher efficiency ratings, and superior interior technology are all available with the 2015 Crosstour, helping it easily outclass the competition.
Trim Levels and Price
The 2015 Honda Crosstour is available in six dynamic trims, allowing Middletown drivers to select a model that feels tailored to their needs:
- EX: Starting at $27,530,* the entry-level Crosstour utilizes advanced technology, such as a multi-kink rear suspension for a smooth ride.
- EX V6: Starting at $31,190,* this model upgrades to a powerful 278-hp 3.5L V6 engine.
- EX-L: For a starting price of $31,215,* the EX-L is all about comfort, with a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and 10-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar support. Available with Honda satellite-linked navigation for $33,315.*
- EX-L V6: Starting at $33,840,* this model combines the premium features of the EX-L with the uninhibited force of the V6 engine. Available with Honda satellite-linked navigation for $35,940.*
- 4WD EX-L V6: For only $35,290,* a Real Time 4WD system intuitively gauges your drive, correcting slippage over tough conditions. Available with Honda satellite-linked navigation for 37,390.*
Mechanicstown drivers will find that 2015 Nissan Murano models start and end at higher prices, but fail to match the Crosstour in terms of both features and performance:
- S: Starting at $29,560, you’ll get 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and Bluetooth connectivity.
- SV: For a minimum of 32,620, the SV comes with a 8-way power driver’s seat.
- SL: For at least $36,950, you can drive home the Murano SL, which features leather-appointed and heated front seats as well as ambient interior lighting.
- Platinum: $39,000 will buy you a 2015 Murano with LED headlights and a heated steering wheel.
Powertrains and MPG
- Crosstour Four-Cylinder: The Crosstour’s 2.4L 4-cylinder is a standard engine that still provides an impressive output. Allowing the vehicle to achieve 192 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque, this is a capable performer that attains efficiency ratings of 22 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway.**
- Crosstour V6: The 3.5L V6 delivers exceptional levels of performance. Putting you in command of 278 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque, you’ll still enjoy 20 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway** with 2WD models, or 19 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway** with a 4WD system.
In stark contrast, Nissan has adopted a one-size-fits-all policy for the 2015 Murano, forcing drivers to use a 3.5L V6 even if they don’t require the extra power. With an output of 260 hp and 240 lb-ft of torque, and efficiency ratings of 21 in the city 28 on the highway, the Murano fails to equal the Crosstour in term of optimum power or efficiency.
3.5-liter i-VTEC® V-6 Engine
- Power Drivers Seat: For maximum comfort on every journey.
- Power Moonroof: Allows drivers to take advantage of the great outdoors while still enjoying the ride of their life.
- Fog Lights: For enhanced visibility during adverse weather conditions, this is a crucial feature for keeping you protected.
- Rearview Camera: Ensures maximum rear visibility while you’re reversing, reducing the risk of an unexpected collision.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure: ACE body structure has been developed by Honda technicians to offer enhanced protection during collisions. If a crash occurs, a network of interconnected structural elements intuitively forces impact energy away from the vehicle’s occupants, protecting them from harm.
Drive the 2015 Honda Crosstour in Middletown, NY
The 2015 Honda Crosstour is a versatile machine that conforms to your wishes to deliver the perfect ride. Available now at Middletown Honda in NY, which is just a short drive from Mechanicstown.
* MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $880.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.
** 22 city/31 highway/25 combined mpg rating for 2WD 4-cylinder models. 20 city/30 highway/23 combined mpg rating for 2WD V-6 models. 19 city/28 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 4WD V-6 models. Based on 2015 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.