The 2017 Honda Civic Sedan Offers Incredible Performance
The 2017 Honda Civic Sedan can walk the line between engaging performance and satisfying efficiency ratings like almost no other compact model on the market. Power comes on fast to let you zip through the city, but you’ll find that your ride stays calm and composed when you need to really hit the gas to keep up or make passes on the highway. The Civic Sedan really is the best of both worlds, and it uses two available power engine options and transmissions to make such performance possible.
The Civic has always been the model that drivers are attracted to if they want to combine the energetic performance of a coupe with the dimensions of a compact sedan. The 2017 continues to live up to those expectations, with even standard models benefiting from a 2.0L 4-cylinder engine capable of putting 158-hp and 138 lb.-ft. of torque at your disposal.
If you’d like to turbocharge your output, opt for the available 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder. Able to generate up to 174-hp and 167 lb.-ft. of torque, it puts the Civic Sedan’s output on par with many midsize models. Packing such punch with only the weight of a compact to deal with, the 1.5L engine allows for lightning responsiveness and agility.
No matter your choice of engine, you’ll enjoy the freedom to selection between one of two high-end transmission systems.
- Six-Speed Manual: Like to feel the shift in your hand and control it yourself? The manual is perfect, and it allows for up to 28 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway with the 2.0L or up to 31 mpg city and 42 mpg highway with the 1.5L*.
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT): Representing the next-generation of transmission technology, CVT systems use an innovative belt system to replicate the efficiency of manual while retaining the convenience of automatic. You can expect up to a sensational 31 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway with the 2.0L or a staggering 32 mpg city and 42 mpg highway with the 1.5L*.
Performance and Efficiency
Honda truly took the time to optimize the ride and fuel economy of the Civic Sedan, resulting in far more to shout about that simply the powertrain. Further engineering features include:
- MacPherson strut suspension and a lightweight, rigid Honda ACE body structure to improve responsiveness.
- ECON button to optimize the drive systems of your Civic Sedan for enhanced efficiency.
- Drive-by-Wire throttle system that integrate with vehicle control technologies for greater control and safety.
Come Take a Test Drive in the Civic Sedan at Middletown Honda
Whether you want to cruise along the Hudson or zip around towns like Goshen and Monroe, the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan will answer your needs. To find out more or arrange a test drive, just contact one of the team here at Middletown Honda today.
*28 city / 40 highway/ 32 combined mpg rating for LX model with 6-speed manual transmission. 31 city / 40 highway / 34 combined mpg rating for LX & EX CVT Automatic models. 31 city / 42 highway / 35 combined mpg rating for EX-T model with 6-speed manual transmission. 32 city / 42 highway / 36 combined mpg rating for EX-T, EX-L and Touring CVT Automatic models. Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.