Safety is a Prime Selling Point of the 2017 Honda Civic
Drivers know the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan for its outstanding performance, efficiency, comfort, and space, and those benefits are underlined by first-class safety. If you require nothing less than the finest safety features, you’ll find them available with even the base model; if faultless crash-test scores are a top priority, you’ll have nothing to complain about with the Civic Sedan.
The 2017 Honda Civic Sedan is more than happy to treat drivers to a wide selection of high-end safety systems as standard, including:
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
These features will adjust your drive, keep you more visible to other road-users, and make it easy to back-up without damaging your vehicle.
The Civic Sedan is built using Honda’s highly-esteemed Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure, which is able to crumple intuitively upon impact to direct harmful impact energy away from the passenger compartment.
That kind of high-grade engineering has clearly paid off; the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan just returned with a perfect 5-star rating after crash tests conducted by the NHTSA*. That means a 5-star rating in all three crash-test simulations, an accomplishment that few other models have replicated.
Honda Sensing Suite
Available with even the entry-level LX model, and coming as standard with the Touring, is the Honda Sensing Suite of driver assistance features. These technologies combine to enhance your awareness, warn you of danger, and even act independently and automatically to prevent accidents from occurring.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): This system monitors common road markings, then provides an audible alert and vibrates the steering wheel if you are detected veering away from the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): This feature gauges your position on the road, then provides a warning if you start moving from your lane without signaling. Should you fail to re-center yourself, corrective steering will be applied to do it for you.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): This tech constantly scans the area ahead of your Civic Sedan to check for possible collisions, priming the brakes and then applying them if you fail to react to a dangerous situation.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): Like a regular cruise control system, this one keeps to a preset speed. However, it can also adjust that speed based on the distance between your Civic Sedan and the vehicle ahead. That’s perfect for dealing with stop-start traffic while heading into New York City.
The 2017 Honda Civic Sedan Delivers First-Rate Safety Scores and Technologies
Safety is a standout feature across the Honda line-up, and certainly with the 2017 Civic Sedan. To find out more, just visit Middletown Honda today – you’ll find us just west of Goshen and Monroe along route 17.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).