The Honda Odyssey is a Safe Vehicle for Families
Every car should have a good safety record, but especially minivans. As a family carrier, parents want to have a vehicle they can trust to be best prepared to protect their family in the event of a crash. Like the rest of Honda’s lineup, the Odyssey minivan has repeatedly lived up to this challenge, demonstrating its ability to protect occupants in controlled crash tests.
The current 2013 Honda Odyssey has been recognized by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety as a Top Safety Pick. Though the upcoming 2014 Honda Odyssey model will add some changes to the features list, there should be no changes to the body or safety systems. This means it should also receive the same blessing from the IIHS as the previous model.
Though the Odyssey features Honda’s Advance Compatibility Body Structure and a complete system of advanced front and curtain airbags, safety is so much more than a protective shell. Safety is an active game that involves avoiding danger in the first place. The 2013 Honda Odyssey is available with a wide range of different features that help the driver to stay out of harm’s way and on their intended path. Here’s a look at a few of them.
The Odyssey’s Onboard Safety Systems
- Vehicle stability assist with traction control, helping you to keep on your intended path, even in more adverse conditions
- Anti-lock brakes with electronic brake distribution
- A tire pressure monitoring system
- Daytime running lights help to enhance other drivers visibility of you while on the road
- Forward collision warning and lane departure warning, helping to warn you if you come to close to an object in front of you or in case you begin to drift out of your lane
Test Drive the Odyssey at Middletown Honda
Like most vehicles, many of the Odyssey’s safety systems only become apparent when you need them. We’d be happy to give you a tour of the Odyssey’s comfortable interior and show you the great entertainment options that it has to offer. If you’re interested in a test drive, we invite you to stop by our dealership on Route 211, right next to the Gander Mountain. Have questions? Feel free contact Middletown Honda.